Sing & Play
et ready to sing, play, and move with your little one in this high-energy music class designed to be just right for children under two years of age. This new Kindermusik curriculum focuses on your child’s beginning movement, helping to build the muscles your toddler needs to walk, and vocal development, helping to nurture your child’s speaking and singing voice. With a mix of both parent-child joint activities and child-focused activities, you’ll be able to join right in on all the singing and dancing while also getting the chance to observe how your toddler learns on her own. Embark on Kindermusik’s fun new exploration of singing, swaying, laughing, and playing through
Sing & Play, a just-right mix of early-childhood vocal play and language development, together time, and music and movement activities!
• Instrument exploration. Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhances a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
• Musical Variety and Singing. Musical diversity builds strong neural networks in a baby’s forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik class contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres. Plus, we offer a whole year’s worth of different units and themes for each agegroup providing a regular cycle of new music and activities to keep both parents and toddlers engaged and delighted.
• Vocal play. Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Sing & Play, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
• Exploration Time. Your child will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds and movements.
• Story time and early literacy. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book also help her learn to read music.
• Movement Activities. Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement. Toddlers will be encouraged to stretch all those little fingers and toes as they grow in the fine and gross motor skills.
• Together Time. Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing you to make the most of the fleeting toddler years and giving you the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
• Expert advice. A licensed and trained early childhood music expert explains how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.
• Learning continues at home. Each class includes a set of Home Materials including music, books, and more activities, so the learning continues at home with your child’s best teacher—you!